Whether it’s worn out or you’re simply ready for an upgrade, replacing your garbage disposal can be a bit tricky.
This project involves electricity and water (not a great combination), so be sure you have the proper skills to attempt it. If you’d prefer to let an experienced professional handle the task, contact us today at 314-645-6350.
If you’re the DIY type, some helpful tips for tackling the job:
- Turn off the power to the disposal before you do any work. When you’re certain the power’s off, disconnect the electrical cable from underneath the old disposal.
- Place a small bucket or bowl under the hose/drain pipe connection to catch any water that’s sitting in bottom of the P-trap.
- Once you remove the disposal and mounting assembly, be sure to throw away the old plumber’s putty and clean the sinkhole and flange thoroughly.
- After you’ve completed the drain assembly and reinstalled the mounting rings, use a knife to trim away any excess plumber’s putty beneath the flange.
- Attach the disposal to the mounting ring, before tightening all attachments with a screwdriver.
Need help with your garbage disposal replacement? Competency, skill, and a tradition of excellence make Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer the best choice for your plumbing or remodeling needs. All of our plumbers are licensed professionals with extensive industry knowledge.
Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has been replacing garbage disposals in St. Louis homes for more than 30 years. Contact us today at 314-645-6350 or here for more information or to request a bid.
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.
We are also experts in hot water heater installation, basement plumbing, bathroom plumbing and tankless water heater installation. Give us a call at 314-645-6350 or fill out the contact form here to request a bid.