Outdoor Plumbing in St. Louis – Maplewood Plumbing
When it comes to maintaining or improving household plumbing, indoor fixtures such as toilets and tubs come to mind immediately. But what about outdoor plumbing? Those pipes, vents, and faucets are also worthy of our attention, particularly because of their exposure to harsh weather conditions. A few tips for keeping outdoor plumbing in St. Louis up to par:
- Every Spring, check your outdoor faucets (hose bibs) for leaks and replace the washers in your garden hoses
- Winterize your outdoor pipes before temperatures plummet. Disconnect garden hoses, turn off the water to outdoor faucets, and drain the remaining water. Remember to leave the faucet handle turned on during winter months.
- Be sure to winterize outdoor showers, garden sinks, barbeque sinks, and fountains.
- If pipes freeze and crack during cold weather, you may not know it until temperatures warm up again. Learn where the main water shut-off valve is in your home so you can respond quickly in that situation.
- If the top of your plumbing stack vent is exposed, consider adding a cap to prevent leaves, sticks, and rodents from dropping into your system and creating a clog.
- Keep an eye on your outdoor drains: they should be free of dirt, leaves, and other debris.
- If you experience recurring slow drains or clogs, consider calling in a licensed professional for a video inspection of your sewer lines.
Did You Know: Covering your outdoor faucets with Styrofoam insulation adds another level of protection.
Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has been taking care of outdoor plumbing for homes across St. Louis City and St. Louis County for more than 30 years. Our family owned business prides itself on our solid reputation in the community. Give us a call and see for yourself why our loyal customers won’t use anyone else!
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.
We are also experts in Kitchen plumbing, basement plumbing, bathroom plumbing and tankless water heater installation. Give us a call at 314-645-6350 or fill out the contact form here to request a bid.