Copper is a very popular choice for pipes among homeowners, plumbers, building owners and even real estate agents. According to the Copper Development Association, about 95% of existing homes are equipped with copper plumbing, and more than 80% of new homes are built with copper water supply piping. Here’s why:
- It has a long lifespan. Copper Tubing can last 100 years or more – that’s longer than you’ll live in your home.
- It’s maintenance-free. Joint fittings won’t break down or pull apart.
- It’s compliant. Because copper is governed by strict standards, it meets or exceeds building codes in all 50 states.
- Copper is rigid and can handle extreme conditions. Copper is not affected by freezing temperatures and can withstand more than 1,000 pounds of pressure per square inch (that’s 10 to 20 times normal system pressure).
- It’s durable. Copper tube and fittings won’t break down with age—no cracking or crumbling years after installation.
- It’s safe. Copper tube and fittings won’t melt, burn or give off toxic fumes in a home fire.
- It’s relatively inexpensive. An all-copper plumbing system costs about the same as others made with less-reliable materials, especially when factoring in repairs down the road.
Did You Know: In houses destroyed by fire, many times the only thing left intact is the copper plumbing (which is why it’s the preferred material for fire sprinkler systems).
Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has been replacing copper pipes in St. Louis homes for more than 30 years. Our family owned business prides itself on our solid reputation in the community. Give us a call and see for yourself why our loyal customers won’t use anyone else!
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.
We are also experts in Kitchen plumbing, basement plumbing, bathroom plumbing and tankless water heater installation. Give us a call at 314-645-6350 or fill out the contact form here to request a bid.