Kitchen Plumbing in St. Louis – Maplewood Plumbing
Maplewood Plumbing & Sewer has been taking care of St. Louis’ kitchen plumbing needs since 1985. We are experts in valve/fixture replacement, water line installation, faucet repair/replacement, leak repairs, ice maker line installation, and gas line to range installation.
Did You Know? Cool water keeps fats more solid, allowing them to break up before reaching the trap. Hot water makes grease more likely to build up and solidify in pipes, causing clogs.
A functional kitchen depends on smooth running fixtures and appliances. When there’s a problem, everything is thrown off. A few tips for keeping your kitchen running like clockwork:
- Make a habit of occasionally checking your home’s pipes. Look for things like rust, leaks and buckling. All are potential signs of a pending problem.
- According to the EPA, fixing easily corrected household water leaks can save homeowners about 10% on their water bills. Hold a dry paper towel to the pipes under your sink to check for leaks. Also check faucets, supply hoses and valves, and garbage disposals.
- Be vigilant for any signs that the water supply line to the icemaker or water dispenser is leaking, especially if the unit isn’t working properly or is making a lot of noise.
- Flush garbage disposals with cool, sudsy water once a month.
- If drains seem slow, use a product designed to open them. Beware that certain natural remedies such as pouring boiling water down a drain can damage or distort the pipes.
- Be on the lookout for any warps or cracks in flooring, this could mean there’s a leak around the dishwasher.
- Make sure gas fired stoves burn with a steady blue flame. If you suspect any kind of leak, electronic sensors are the most reliable. However, an easy and economical test is to mix a small amount of dish soap with water and spray or dab with a cotton swab on the pipe near the fitting you think is leaking. Bubbles indicate a leak.
Finding issues early on can help St. Louis homeowners avoid costly disasters down the road. The professionals at Maplewood Plumbing & Sewer have been plumbing kitchens across St. Louis and St. Louis Country for more than 30 years. Give us a call and see for yourself why our loyal customers won’t use anyone else!
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.
We are also experts in hot water heater installation, basement plumbing, bathroom plumbing and tankless water heater installation. Give us a call at 314-645-6350 or fill out the contact form here to request a bid.