Maplewood Plumbing & Sewer has been taking care of St. Louis’ bathroom plumbing needs since 1985.
We are experts in water pressure restoration, and repairing and replacing sinks, showers, tubs and toilets.
Planning a new bathroom?
You can keep plumbing costs to a minimum if you’re able to position new fixtures in the same place as the old ones. Your home probably has what is called a “wet wall,” a thicker interior wall that contains water lines and the main stack. Be sure to install fixtures on (or near) this wet wall.
A standard bathroom is 5’x8’ in size. This is large enough to comfortably house a sink, toilet and shower.
- Fixtures must be a minimum of 15 inches away from a toilet’s centerline.
- Allow a minimum of 24 inches of space in front of the toilet (a door can swing into this space, if necessary)
- Sinks and vanity sink tops range from 20 to 30 inches in width.
- A standard bathtub is 60 inches long by 32 inches wide.
- The framed opening (not the finished wall) must be 60 inches long to accommodate a standard tub.
- A bathtub should be at least 2’ 4” in from a wall or another fixture
- Make sure there is room for the door to open without scratching or chipping fixtures.
Tip: If you’re adding a soaker tub or multi-head shower, you may need a larger capacity water heater.
Did you know: According to the U.S. Department of Energy the average person uses:
- 12 gallons of hot water per shower
- 9 gallons of hot water per bath
- 4 gallons of hot water to shampoo hair
- 4 gallons of hot water to wash their face and hands
- 2 gallons of hot water to shave
Adding or remodeling a bathroom is a big job. When it comes to plumbing, you’ll want to hire a professional. Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has more than 30 years of experience plumbing bathrooms. Our family owned business prides itself on our solid reputation in the community. Give us a call and see for yourself why our loyal customers won’t use anyone else!
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.