Bathroom Plumbing in St. Louis – Maplewood Plumbing
Maplewood Plumbing & Sewer has been taking care of the bathroom plumbing needs of families across St. Louis and St. Louis County since 1985. We are experts in water pressure restoration, and repairing and replacing sinks, showers, tubs and toilets.
Bathroom Plumbing – Planning a new bathroom?
You can keep plumbing costs to a minimum if you’re able to position new fixtures in the same place as the old ones. Your St. Louis home probably has what is called a “wet wall,” a thicker interior wall that contains water lines and the main stack. Be sure to install fixtures on (or near) this wet wall.
A standard bathroom is 5’x8’ in size. This is large enough to comfortably house a sink, toilet and shower.
- Fixtures must be a minimum of 15 inches away from a toilet’s centerline.
- Allow a minimum of 24 inches of space in front of the toilet (a door can swing into this space, if necessary)
- Sinks and vanity sink tops range from 20 to 30 inches in width.
- A standard bathtub is 60 inches long by 32 inches wide.
- The framed opening (not the finished wall) must be 60 inches long to accommodate a standard tub.
- A bathtub should be at least 2’ 4” in from a wall or another fixture
- Make sure there is room for the door to open without scratching or chipping fixtures.
Tip: If you’re adding a soaker tub or multi-head shower, you may need a larger capacity water heater.
Did you know: According to the U.S. Department of Energy the average person uses:
- 12 gallons of hot water per shower
- 9 gallons of hot water per bath
- 4 gallons of hot water to shampoo hair
- 4 gallons of hot water to wash their face and hands
- 2 gallons of hot water to shave
Bathroom Plumbing Pros
Adding or remodeling a bathroom is a big job. When it comes to plumbing, you’ll want to hire a professional. Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has more than 30 years of experience plumbing bathrooms across the greater St. Louis area. Our family owned business prides itself on our solid reputation in the community. Give us a call and see for yourself why our loyal customers won’t use anyone else!
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.