Time to replace your toilet? Eventually even the best toilets wear out. If your toilet suffers from any (or all) of the following, it’s probably time to have it replaced:
- Scratched porcelain. Not only is it an eyesore, but it can be difficult to keep clean.
- Small cracks in the tank or bowl. Small cracks can become large fissures over time, leading to leaks.
- Outdated style. Replacing an old toilet with a modern fixture can improve the look of your bathroom.
- Constant repairs. If you find yourself constantly replacing parts, it may be more cost-effective to simply replace the entire fixture.
Did You Know: Using a newer, low-flush toilet is friendlier to the environment and to your pocketbook, cutting your water usage from 5 gallons per flush to less than 2 gallons.
Assuming your toilet is correctly plumbed, you may be able to replace it yourself. A few tips to keep in mind:
- As with any plumbing job, start by turning off the water supply.
- Flushing the toilet several times and sopping up any remaining water will empty the tank
- Be sure to cover the drainpipe to prevent noxious gasses from escaping while you work.
- Replace the toilet flange and wax ring, even if they appear to be in good shape.
- Tighten the washers and nuts at the base to secure the toilet in place.
Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has more than 30 years of experience plumbing toilets in St. Louis bathrooms. Our family owned business prides itself on our solid reputation in the community. Give us a call and see for yourself why our loyal customers won’t use anyone else!
We are also experts in kitchen plumbing, laundry room plumbing and outdoor plumbing.
Give us a call at 314-645-6350 or fill out the contact form here to request a bid.
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.