If you’ve spent much time in the plumbing aisles of your local home improvement store, you may have noticed the nearly endless selection of faucets available. Not surprisingly, there’s even more variety in the world of commercial kitchen faucets.
Commercial Kitchen Faucet Types
Industrial kitchen faucets are available in multiple configurations. Your first decision is where to mount the faucet:
- Deck-mount faucets are easy to install and attach directly to the sink.
- Wall-mount faucets attach to the wall above your sink or to the backsplash. While they’re more complicated to install, wall-mount faucets allow more room to wash large items.
Next, you’ll need to choose the faucet style:
- Gooseneck faucets are tall—typically 8” to 10” when measured from the sink deck—which gives you more room to fill large pots and buckets.
- Swing faucets extend into the wash area and are handy for large sinks or those with multiple basins.
- Double-jointed faucets give you the reach of a swing faucet, but they can be folded out of the way when necessary.
Other options are available for more specialized kitchen applications, such as pot/kettle and wok faucets and dipper wells.
Choosing the Right Fit
Addition to style and function, it’s important to choose a commercial kitchen faucet that will fit your sink.
- Measure the distance from the center of one water inlet to the center of the next. For deck-mount faucets, choose a faucet with “centers” that match both the mounting holes on the sink and the size of your water lines.
If you’re planning to use a swing faucet, make sure it fits inside the sink bowl in all positions
Maplewood Plumbing and Sewer has been plumbing faucets in St. Louis commercial buildings for more than 30 years. Contact us today at 314-645-6350 or here for more information or to request a bid.
We offer a one-year warranty on all parts and labor excluding washers.
We are also experts in hot water heater installation, tankless water heater installation, garbage disposal repair and replacement, bathroom plumbing and residential plumbing. Give us a call at 314-645-6350 or fill out the contact form here for more information or to request a bid.